Ancestors, Voice, and the True Self
October 29 – November 1, 2020
Registration Deadline: August 14, 2020
In this retreat we will develop our connections to voice and the authentic self using journey methods and healing attunements to the wise and well ancestors and other compassionate powers. We will explore the use of sound to further embody the blessings and gifts of our lineages as the living voices of our ancestors. We will also work with “voice” in the broader sense of personal expression and presence in the world, and engage the concept of the True Self as a guiding principle for embodying authenticity and uniqueness on our life paths. We will use this potent liminal time to create an altar to the well ancestors and a Samhain ritual feast on October 31st.
▪ At least one lineage well through Daniel Foor’s ancestral lineage healing method. For those who have done other forms of ancestral healing, you can schedule an assessment session to see if that work has been comparable. It is suggested you do this well in advance of this event in order to have time to do additional work if necessary. As I will be using the ALH framework as a point of reference, some familiarity with it is recommended.
▪ We will be using intuitive methods like journeying and mediumship circle. Mediumship circle is a group intuitive process that will be introduced at the retreat. Participants should be comfortable with entering altered states of consciousness to enhance intuitive perception, have a strong sense of core self, and be self-responsible.
▪ No voice training or musical skill required; people of all levels of experience are welcome.
Questions? Contact me directly.
Thursday the 29th 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Friday the 30th 9:30am to approximately 5:00pm
Saturday the 31st 9:30am to approximately 5:00pm and then 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Sunday the 1st 10:00am to approximately 5:00pm
Lunch breaks will be 60-90 minutes starting around noon.
Location: Pacifica Historic Pond House in Williams, OR, managed by the non-profit Pacifica: A Garden in the Siskiyous. Pacifica is 420 acres of trails, pastures, and developing gardens located in the beautiful Applegate Valley of Oregon.
Air Travel: The nearest airport is Medford, a 45 minute drive from site.
Lodging: Participants will be staying at the Pacifica Pond House, a large and quirky house with five bedroom areas, a large kitchen, porch, and living areas. This venue provides participants with a low-cost housing option in a beautiful setting. There are eight regular beds, one futon, and one sofa bed. Rooms have variable degrees of privacy: one room is completely private with a bath, all other rooms and bathrooms are shared. The Pacifica property is public and other events, in particular weddings on the weekend, may be held on the property during this retreat. The noise curfew for events is 10pm. Participants can further reduce cost by making food on-site. For those who want to go into town, Grants Pass has several good restaurants about 20 minutes away.
The house will be rented Thursday through Monday, so participants can stay the night Sunday before traveling. Check-in time is 3pm. Participants should plan to arrive with enough time to be ready to start at 4:00pm Thursday.
*Participants who would be adversely affected by shared housing, or who are loud snorers, can find alternative housing off-site. Weather-permitting, camping is also an option.
Number of Participants: 8 – 10 residential participants, 2 – 4 non-residential participants or campers
Rate: $375 for the retreat, plus variable rates for four nights of residential housing averaging $175 per person total. Food is not included. A deposit of $200 holds your place in the retreat. The remainder of the rate is due by August 14, 2020.
Registration Deadline: August 14, 2020. Deposits are non-refundable or transferable after this date. If a minimum registration isn’t met by this date, this event may be cancelled and rescheduled. If the minimum registration has been met and openings remain, registrations can be submitted after this date.
1. Fill out and submit a Registration Form.
2. Submit the deposit to secure your place in the retreat.
Questions? Contact Maris